Half day walk (3-4h) Morning or afternoon (starts and ends in Bruges)
Full day tour (6 -8h) This tour can also start/end at your hotel in Brussels. In this case we can combine it with a visit to Ghent and a scenic drive through the Flemish countryside and the charming villages of Sijsele and Damme.
"If you get tired of Bruges, you are tired of life"
Known as the Venice of the North, because of its peaceful canals, Bruges is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. It was a justified motive that prompted UNESCO in 2000 to include the entire historical city centre on the World Heritage list. The current city boundaries still coincide exactly with those of the medieval city centre, and the spaces and structures that were so typical of Bruges in the past have been preserved. Walking along the maze of winding cobbled alleys and romantic canals, you imagine yourself to be in medieval times.
A typical half-day Bruges city walk includes the major highlights of this magnificient medieval city: the church of Our Lady and the Statue by Michaelangelo; the Market Square with the Belfry and the Town Hall Square (Burg) with the Chapel of the Holy Blood. We shall stroll by the Lake of Love (Minnewater) and the peaceful Beguinage cloister.
A full-day Bruges city walk includes a half-day walk + any of the suggested (guided) activities below.
Suggested activities (*with entrance fee):
- A 30-minute canal cruise (*) (private boat reservation possible by appointment)
- Groeninge Ancient Art Museum (*)
- Church of Our Lady (Michelangelo Madonna*)
- St John Hospital & Museum (*)
- Lace-making demonstration & pivate lace museum
- Bike the sights along the canals and through the Flemish countryside (min.3hours*)
- A visit to the windmills (*)
- A chocolate making demonstration (*)
Data e fundit: 15/04/2020